- Conduct fundamental and cutting-edge research that is primarily relevant to Nepal.
- Promote collaborative research among NIRI members as well as with national and international organizations to strengthen research in Nepal.
- Facilitate capacity building through education and skill transfer programs, training, workshops, seminars, and various outreach activities.
- Contribute to evidence-based policymaking by assisting governmental and non-governmental organizations in reviewing existing policies and/or drafting new policies
- Transform research into products and provide services for the welfare of society by utilizing sustainable resources through research and innovations.
Mission The mission of NIRI is to explore and strengthen multi-disciplinary research in the field of natural, applied, and social sciences, provide analytical inputs for evidence-based policymaking and disseminate substantive research findings.
Vision The vision of NIRI is to establish itself as a quality institute for quality research and innovation across the nation and beyond.